In addition to the basic functions, the handheld terminal also has some other functions. These functions are closely related to the specific application and system, and it is also necessary to consider the selection of the handheld terminal first.
1. Barcode Scanning: There are currently two technologies for bar code scanning: laser and CCD. Laser scanning can only read one-dimensional bar codes. CCD technology can identify one-dimensional and two-dimensional bar codes. The more popular view is when reading one-dimensional bar codes. Laser scanning technology is faster and more convenient than CCD technology. Handheld terminals with bar code scanning are often referred to as bar code data collectors.
2. IC card reading and writing: Handheld terminals with integrated IC card reading and writing functions are commonly referred to as IC card handheld data terminals, and are mainly used for IC card card management.
3. Non-contact IC card reading and writing: Handheld terminals integrated with non-contact IC card reading and writing functions are generally called non-contact IC card handheld data terminals and are mainly used for non-contact IC card management.
4, built-in information button: the so-called information button is a built-in non-contact IC card chip, mainly used for patrol.
5. Fingerprint collection and comparison: Handheld terminals with integrated fingerprint acquisition module are mainly used for public security, social insurance, etc.
6, GPS: Industrial applications are mainly used for public security, a large number is in the civilian market, providing electronic maps and positioning services for drivers
7. GSM/GPRS/CDMA wireless data communication: The main function is to exchange data in real time with the database through wireless data communication. This function is mainly used in two situations. One is the application requiring high real-time data, and the other is that when the application cannot store the required data in the handheld terminal due to various reasons, it may be necessary. If the data is too large, it may also need to be kept confidential.
8. GSM/GPRS/CDMA short message communication: Almost all handheld terminals supporting wireless data communication support SMS communication. The reason why this function is listed is that some hand-held terminal products only support short message communication. This function is more timely than GSM. The real-time performance of /GPRS/CDMA wireless data communication is slightly lower, and sometimes the real-time performance may be lost due to the short message server unless the dedicated short message server is rented and the overall data bandwidth during communication is very small.
9. GSM/GPRS/CDMA wireless voice communication: This function is mainly used for voice calls. After secondary development, it can replace the walkie-talkie to some extent.
10. Infrared data communication (IrDA): As the earliest short-range wireless data communication technology, this function is almost a standard configuration in various handheld terminals. Except for some mobile phones and few handheld terminals, most handheld terminals include this function. However, it should be noted that not all handsets that claim to support IrDA actually support IrDA, many handheld terminals only implement the physical layer specifications given by the IrDA Association, and do not implement the IrDA protocol stack, which is not the official standard of IrDA. admittedly.
11. Infrared Data Communication (Power Infrared): The power infrared protocol is a standard promulgated by the Ministry of Electric Power in China. It is a data communication standard used for power equipment. The reason why this function is mentioned here is because a large number of meter reading machines are made in China. With this feature.
12. Bluetooth Communication: The Bluetooth communication function is a new generation of short-range wireless communication technology. Currently, it is mainly used in PDAs and mobile phones. Other data terminals have gradually begun to use this technology, short-range Bluetooth communication up to 10m, long-distance Bluetooth communication up to 100m, in the case of communication data is not very large, Bluetooth technology can also replace 802.11B networking.
13, RS232 serial communication: As the most basic data communication method, basically all handheld data terminals have this function.
14. RS485 Serial Communication: RS485 is a serial communication technology for long distances. Only a few dedicated handheld terminals carry this function.
15, USB communication: USB communication technology because of its communication speed, so many current handheld terminals are beginning to use, especially PDA, its main purpose is to carry out a large number of data exchanges with the PC. However, USB communication is not equivalent. USB devices are divided into master and slave devices. The master device can only communicate with slave devices and cannot communicate with the master device. Therefore, few handheld terminals can be used as USB master devices or USB devices. From the device. Buyers are prone to misunderstandings in this regard, as long as both devices support USB.
16, 802.11B: 802.11B as the mainstream technology of wireless LAN, the current development speed is very fast, many handheld terminals have been equipped with this feature, handheld terminals with this function can be a relatively large range of networking and with the PC, Servers and other data exchanges can exchange wireless data in large enclosed spaces (such as factories and warehouses). If the space exceeds the range that the wireless signal can cover, multiple nodes can be added to solve the problem.
17. Printing: Some handheld terminals have integrated printing functions and can print documents directly.
18, handwriting recognition: Handheld terminal input functions compared with PC, IPC and other equipment has been very weak, handwriting recognition can alleviate this problem, if users need a lot of text input, then we must have this function.
19, Chinese characters input: For some hand-held terminals without handwriting recognition function, if you want to input Chinese characters, then this function is essential, and the input method must also be considered, the whole spell is outdated, T9 is relatively more acceptable .
20, other functions, some handheld terminals with some other features, such as photographing, can be inserted CF card, can be inserted SD card, etc., need to be selected according to the needs of the user.